Stap (ZMA) Emergency EBT opening system
The STAP is an electric-actuated swiveling and lifting device that performs the emergency
opening of the EBT tap hole avoiding the use of manned oxygen lance.
The manipulator is a “stand alone” piece of equipment that can be installed on a lower level
nearby the EBT area. It is made of a rotating arm which holds at its end a lance for blowing oxygen
inside the tapping channel.
The tapping channel cleaning operation is performed either from the main control room
or from a local control box installed in a safe position, close to the EBT area. In this way, the
operator will perform this operation either inmanual or automatic mode, with maximum
- Remote operation from furnace control room in a safe position
- Sturdy piece of equipment that needs minimum maintenance
- Improved operators health and safety
- Faster EBT emergency opening procedure
- Direct productivity improvements
- Reduced operating costs