Motank (ZMA) Movable cart for safe cleaning of the EAF slag door
The machine (consisting of a remote controlled cart equipped with a horizontal ram) is intended to clear non-melted scrap and excess slag deposits from the EAF slag tunnel prior to temperature or sample being taken by an automatic sampling and measuring lance manipulator.
It is totally safe being remote controlled; the manned fork lift ram is therefore abandoned.
- Remote operation from furnace control room in a safe position
- Totally safe, no manual operation in front of the furnace slag door
- Oxygen and other lancing practices can carry on as the work of the ram does not interfere with them
- Electrodes can remain powered-on as the work of the ram does not interfere with them
- Safe and reliable temperature and sample being taken with a sampling and lance manipulator
- Sturdy piece of equipment that needs minimum maintenance