Robox Oxygen, carbon and fines consumable lances manipulator
The ROBOX consumable lance manipulator is designed for remote control of consumable “calorized” or ordinary pipes. The lances operated through the slag door of the electric arc furnace for oxygen, carbon and fines injection. The manipulator is installed on the rigid platform on the right or left side of the furnace door.
The manipulator allows the positioning of the rotating arm from park to working area in front of the EAF slag door, individual forward and backward advancement of the consumable lances, variation of the horizontal angular position.
- Remote operation from furnace control room in a safe position
- Increased oxygen efficiency and carbon fines recovery
- Easy and fast lance replacement
- Sturdy piece of equipment that needs minimum maintenance
- The particular design of the pipe guides facilitates the passage of the coupling that joins the lances together so that the entire lance length can be utilized
- The flow of oxygen obtainable with this system allows for high decarburization speed
- The carbon injection into the slag promotes FeO and MnO reduction with consequent early slag foaming and better control of the metallic yield