Parpi Oxygen and carbon water cooled lances that operates through the furnace slag door
The PARPI system consists of two water cooled lances; one is used to inject oxygen at supersonic velocity and one injects carbon fines. The lances are supported and moved by a manipulator installed on the rigid platform at a certain distance from slag door on the right or left side.
On request, the carbon tip could incorporate the innovative MSF-Mixed Swirl Flame burner mode to melt the scrap that remains trapped within the furnaces slag tunnel.
The lances are supported and manipulated by a rotating turret installed on the rigid platform and they are held in place by a rear quick connection support which allows a fast removal and replacement.
- Remote operation from furnace control room in a safe position
- Increased oxygen efficiency and carbon fines recovery
- Easy and fast lance removal by a quick connection system
- The flow of oxygen obtainable with this system allows for high decarburization speed
- The carbon injection into the slag promotes FeO and MnO reduction with consequent early slag foaming and better control of the metallic yield